Well isn't this perfect timing? Right after JT Eberhard and I start our little weight loss battle, Conservapedia's new front page topic is "Atheism & Obesity." I wonder if LoseIt! will let me log the calories I burnt laughing at their absurd logic. It basically boils down to "We hate atheists and fail at debating their philosophy, so we'll point out that they're fat doo doo heads instead."
Okay, they don't explicitly say "fat doo doo heads." Their logic is more like this:
1. Here are five atheists. Two died decades ago, but that's probably because they were so FAT.
2. Don't they look overweight? I mean, we don't have their height, or weight, or body fat percentages, or cholesterol levels, or anything of biological significance, but they sure do look like fatties, don't they?
3. What? You can provide examples of fat religious people and of thin atheists? Shhhhhhhh!
4. And you know why atheists don't get married as much? Because the men are all fat slobs. Sorry, ladies (though you're fat slobs too).
5. And didn't you know fatties are stupid too? Science says so. No, not that evilutionist science, because they're fatties too. The good kind of science that we can twist... I mean, interpret to fit our own views.
6. Therefore atheists are wrong and God exists. Specifically the Christian God. QED
I don't want to waste too much time debunking the intellectual void that is Conservapedia, but let me just leave this here:Curious, curious indeed... With Conservapedia logic, correlation implies causation, therefore religious people are the true fatties! Neener neener! ...Well, except Mormons, who are apparently fit machines, obviously making Mormonism the correct religion. Isn't using fatphobia as a debate tool fun?!
Though maybe they're right. Maybe as I shed the pounds I'll become more and more religious! If you want to support this science experiment, or just show your support for healthy atheists, you can pledge a donation here.